January 30 - February 1
Vidyut is a national level multi fest, organized by Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham, Amritapuri campusinitiatives have been an undisputed success. Vidyut acts as a platform for students across the country to showcase their talents through technically-challenging and mind-boggling events. In addition, it provides ample opportunity to build one's personal skills and to interact with some of the world's best minds through its unique workshops and talks for its versatility and pilot events. Vidyut 2014 promises to be yet another emblematic success, courtesy of its fresh and challenging competitions, innovative exhibitions, fun-events and pro- show. This time we bring you yet another creative and scintillating fest that shall leave you inspired. Our motto this year is : "Technology for humanity"
Our institute is a pioneer in innovations that aid people in terms of technology. We at Vidyut aim to bring forth such technologies including Amrita Mitra, Live-in-Labs, Disaster sensor networks etc.; that have been well received by experts and academia. As students of technology and in keeping with the legacy heralded by the institute, it is our job to translate these new innovations to the common man. Customizing it to his needs or wants. Also Vidyut brings about a forum to put forth ideas most needed by the society. Technology for humanity is what inspires us this year. The well rounded events shall include management, technology, games, core sciences and more with a touch of humanity. We have competitions, exhibitions, fun-events and pro-shows that shall enthrall you.
One of the most important examples of Technology for Humanity is Smart Village. Smart village basically consists of an integrated energy system of interconnected loads and renewable energy resources, which will provide power to the village in parallel with the grid. The general load in a village could typically be distinguished as household load and commercial load. Household load will comprise of general electricity consumption from lights, fans, mobile chargers and other general electrical equipments. Since most of the villages have agriculture as the primary occupation, the commercial load would comprise of schools, irrigation pumps, flour mills etc. The solar park will be a designated centralized facility for large scale solar power generation and manufacturing in a Smart Village. The idea of Climate Smart Agriculture involves a portfolio of interventions that are chosen to suit the local environment and the community's needs by emphasizing on the key climate-related issues. These concepts take a forehand in this year's Vidyut.
Be here for Vidyut2014. Contribute your skills to a greater good. Electrify Your Senses. Be inspired..!!
Registration (Workshops and Events)
1. Participants should have a CONFIRMED Vidyut ID to participate in any general event or workshop.
2. All participants who have registered online for Vidyut SHOULD CONFIRM their registration at the
registration desk by paying registration fees of Rs 200 and obtaining a participant id.
3. Registration of the participant will be confirmed only after receiving the amount.
4. All participants must also have their college ID with them. In case the college ID is not having a photo on it, Participants must produce a valid photo ID card along with their college ID.
5. Participants for various workshops should report at the registration desk before the commencement of the respective workshops and confirm their registration.
6 .Participants registered for workshop need not pay the registration fee.
7. Participants should produce their Vidyut ID for inspection when asked for by organizers.
8. For the payment through DD, name and Vidyut ID should be written behind the DD.
Evaluation and Result Declaration Policy
1. Every participant should abide by the rules, regulations and specifications given in Vidyut website for each event. A participant will be DISQUALIFIED if their equipment is not compliant with the regulations of the event or if his/her conduct is deemed unreasonable by the event co-coordinators.
2. If the performance of an arbitrarily large number of participants is substandard, the final prize money distribution will be decided by the respective event managers.
3. If a participant wins the event but fails in any round of multiple segment events (i.e. events with multiple subsections), the prize money awarded will only be a fraction of the total prize money depending on how far the participant has progressed.
4. In case of two first/second prizes (A tie which cannot be settled by the tie breaking rounds or any method descried in the specific event rules) then the prize money will be decided as follows: First/second positions(2 nos) : (First/second prize money + Second/third Prize money)/2, Second position: Third Prize money. Third place will not be declared in this case. In case, 2 third positions arise, the prize money will be split equally between participants.
5. If the participation for any event is low, the model given below will be used as a reference for awarding the prize money
a) Only one team - Consolation prize (not necessary)
b) Two teams: 40 to 80 % of first prize
c) Three teams: 70 to 100 % of first
d) Four teams: 1st and 2nd
The final decision regarding the prize money to be awarded will be the discretion of the judges based on the performance of the participants and the quality of the model/robot (in events which involve models/robots)
6. Decisions of judges will be FINAL and IRREVOCABLE.
1) Is there any limit on the number of competitions that a participant can participate?
There is no such limit. A participant can participate in as many competitions as he wants once he pays the registration fee of Rs 200/- provided for the gaming competitions for which there will be indivudual registration fee.
2) Are there spot registrations for technical competitions?
It depends on the events. For events like Gaming contest and Business Competitions, there will be spot registrations. For other competitions refer to the Rules and Regulations part of the competitions.
3) How is the accommodation facility provided?
Accommodation for participants is arranged in the campus hostels at a nominal rate with basic amenities
How to reach Vidyut venue
-From North: Alight and Kayamkulam Jn.
-From South : Alight at Karunagapally/Kayamkulam station.
-5-7 kms deviation from Oachira (Near Kayamkulam) or Vavvakav (Near Karunagapally)
-KSRTC Bus: Alight at Kayamkulam or Karunagapally Bus stand.
-130 kms via road from Trivandrum International Airport
-145 kms via road from Nedumbassery (Kochi) International Airport.
Amrita VIDYUT bus service towards the campus can be availed from following locations:
1. Kayamkulam Raliway station.
2. Kayankulam KSRTC bus stand.
Stall/banner of VIDYUT at the above mentioned locations will guide you with more information.The buses will be shuttling frequently between the above mentioned place and our campus
For any queries regarding the bus availability and timings mail to firstname.lastname@example.org